ENTREPRENEURS and friends Nick Jonas and John Varvatos just launched Villa One Tequila, an ultra-premium tequila made from 100 per cent blue weber agave. Inspired by a trip to Mexico with family and friends, Jonas and Varvatos have built Villa One around the “life as it should be” ideal of celebrating good times with the people you love.
The duo has been involved in every aspect of the brand, even the design of the bottle, featuring jewelry-inspired metalwork around the neck, a nod to the John Varvatos brand.
The spirit is created from agave harvested in Jalisco, distilled and aged by master tequila maker Arturo Fuentes, who has been hand-crafting tequila for more than 30 years. Available in Silver, Reposado and Anejo, the spirits are distilled from 100 per cent Agave Azul Tequilana harvested after five to seven years in both the lowland and highland regions of Jalisco, resulting in a unique expression of character.
• Appearance: Clear with silver shades
• Nose: Fruit aromas with sweet cooked agave on the nose
• Flavour: Dried fruit and wood toasted nuts that meanders into a caramelized agave
• Finish: Long and smooth
• Suggested Serve: Margarita or neat
• Appearance: Light gold
• Nose: Bronze aromas with caramel and candy
• Flavour: Full and balanced flavour that gives butterscotch, chocolate, prune, and smoke
• Finish: Light finish with notes of coffee, caramel and mellowed spice
• Suggested Serve: JV X NJ Signature Villa One Repo on the rocks with orange wedge
• Aged six months in American Oak barrels
• Appearance: Dark amber
• Nose: Rich caramel and wood with notes of vanilla wafer, banana and nut
• Flavour: Full bodied mouthfeel and noticeable wood notes
• Finish: Rich and lasting finish with notes of smoke, dark chocolate, and honey
• Suggested Serve: Neat or on the rocks with an orange twist
• Aged 12 months in American Oak barrels