- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus cooling time for beets)
- Servings: 2 cups
- Special Equipment: KitchenAid® Blender
- 1 medium (144g) beet, peeled, cubed
- 1 can (439g) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 (14g) garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30g) tahini
- 1 tablespoons (15ml) olive oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Flake salt
- Lemon zest
- Finely diced parsley
- Place the prepared beets into a saucepan and add enough water just to cover them. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium high heat and cook for twenty minutes, or until fork tender. Strain, being sure to reserve ¼ cup of the boiling liquid, and set beets aside to cool.
- Place all the ingredients and two tablespoons of the reserved liquid to the KitchenAid® Blender and blend on Speed 2 until slightly smooth. (Add more beet liquid if the mixture is too thick.) Place the mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, a drizzle of olive oil, flake salt, and a bit of lemon zest.
Make a chunkier version of this hummus using the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with the Pastry Beater Attachment. Simply replace the blender with the mixer and follow the same instructions.